The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society (LLS) is here for you!
Speak one-on-one with an Information Specialist who can assist you through cancer treatment, financial and social challenges and give accurate, up-to-date disease, treatment and support information. Our Information Specialists are master's level oncology social workers, nurses and health educators.
How to Contact an Information Specialist:
- Call: (800) 955-4572 (Monday to Friday, 9 a.m. to 9 p.m. ET)
- Leave a message 24/7 and we'll call back. Call (800) 955-4572 to use the automated response system 24 hours a day, seven days a week. An Information Specialist will return your call the next business day. You can also listen to recorded information about LLS and our programs.
- Chat live online: Click here to chat (Monday to Friday, 10 a.m. to 7 p.m. ET)
- Email: Click Here All email messages are answered within one business day. LLS Online and Virtual Support during the COVID-19 Outbreak
LLS ONLINE AND VIRTUAL SUPPORT DURING THE COVID-19 OUTBREAK
The following resources are always available on LLS.org, but may be particularly helpful to blood cancer patients, caregivers and healthcare professionals during the COVID-19 outbreak.
For updates from LLS about Coronavirus, please check this page regularly CORONAVIRUS: RESOURCES & WHAT YOU SHOULD KNOW.
The LLS Blog - A place where patients and caregivers can read about survivorship, research, fundraising and advocacy.
Recent COVID-19 entries include:
- 4 Things Cancer Patients Need to Know about the Coronavirus By Gwen Nichols, MD, LLS Chief Medical Officer | March, 2020
- Helping Blood Cancer Patients Adjust to the New Normal By Gwen Nichols, MD, LLS Chief Medical Officer | March, 2020
LLS Community - An online support forum to get connected with other patients and caregivers and stay up-to-date on the latest diagnosis and treatment news.
Weekly Online Chats - Live, weekly online chats moderated by an oncology social worker that provide a friendly forum to share experiences and chat with others about anything from the initial phase of diagnosis to treatment and survivorship.
Patti Robinson Kaufmann First Connection program - Peer to peer support to connect with other patients and caregivers who have gone through similar experiences.
The Bloodline with LLS Podcast - Disease-specific and general survivorship episodes for download that remind you there is hope after a diagnosis. Listen in as experts and patients guide listeners in understanding diagnosis, treatment, and resources available to blood cancer patients.
Caregiver support resources – Online chats, webcasts and resources including the Caregiver Workbook with worksheets to help you stay organized, and information and resources to use throughout the caregiving journey.
One-On-One Nutrition Consultations - Patients and caregivers may receive free one-on-one phone and email consultations with a registered dietitian with expertise in oncology nutrition. Reputable websites/COVID-19 resources
Reputable websites/COVID-19 resources
The following resources may be helpful to patients and families during the COVID-19 outbreak.
CDC Website for real time updates and recommendations:
CDC If You Are at Higher Risk:
* There are really good tips in this post for individuals who are at risk of getting sicker from COVID 19
CDC What to do if you are sick:
CDC Keeping the workplace, school and home safe:
CDC Cleaning: How to clean and disinfect:
CDC/SAMHSA’s DISASTER DISTRESS HELPLINE:
1-800-985-5990 or text TalkWithUs to 66746
CONTACT YOUR LOCAL COUNTY HEALTH DEPARTMENT WEB SITE for LOCAL UPDATES
NOTE: The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society provides this information as a courtesy and in no way implies endorsement of the organizations or resources listed.
LLS Online and Virtual Support during the COVID-19 Outbreak Resources listed can be found at www.lls.org